Friday, December 30, 2005

The past week, ever since I arrived in Dubai, I've been busy busy running [ in a car driven by everyone but me- i like it like that =D] and have been out from morning till very much after sunset.

But today is a friday. The sunday of here.

The malls [ the life of here], the restaurants are closed. It's time for a laze.

So I must be home. I'd catch up on the calls I missed and need to make but ........ it is the time for a laze. So I'll let them be.

I've spent my morning [ been up since 5 am , I am like that and thankfully so is family so I can create a hulla with the tv and music and fm all at once] watching Indian classic oldies. Coloured.
B & W will have to wait for when I feel more patient.

I saw Parichay this morning, which has been a favourite from childhood. I like how the characters were developed and the movie was very down to earth. No flowery statements of love and yet a few actions were enough to draw it out clearly for the audience.
And the cute kid, Sanjay.

I'm watching Sholay now since I've never seen it properly or completely. I mentioned it once to me Daddy and he remembered it and brought it over without telling us. =D Sweet of him especially since there is a lot I say and he still remembered = D

Back to the movie : I can see why it was a super-duper mega hit. And Helen's dance- WOW. It brought such life and definition to that song. And such ageless dialogues.

Other favourites from those days would have to be


  1. Waqt -good songs and a good cast. Nicely done. A very cute young Shashi Kapoor and Raj Kumar. Attractive *sigh*
  2. Jewel Thief- excellent songs and the wow honton par aisi baat dance sequence.
  3. Mother India- no words for this. A classic classic.
  4. Guide- unconventional storyline, superbly executed with unforgetabble songs.

Then there are the likes of Chupke Chupke, Baaton Baaton mein and Golmaal, good comedies and Amol Palekar at his best [ in my opinion] in the last one.
Good memories.

That is all I can think of from the top of my head. I'm sure Fox would have plenty to add. I need to watch more movies.

Ok so now back to Basanti and Veeru at the water tank.

2 Comments:

Anonymous HB said...

Baaton baaton main, is my favie =D its so simple and cute.

December 30, 2005 2:51 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

I've seen that movie so so many times. Tina Muneem looked very pretty back then too :).

January 05, 2006 3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home